Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Day Five





Okay- well Michael and I are pretty sure that every new parent must feel this way- but seriously: Our child is gifted! Last night after an 'explosive' event Daddy gave Eva a bath. She didn't seem to mind too too much, and was much relieved to be good and clean. She slept for THREE SOLID HOURS after her bath, and then continued her fed/sleep schedule without tears. Mommy and Daddy got a GREAT nights sleep.

This morning we had a visit from the public health nurse to check up on mommy and baby. Eva is gaining weight and has no abnormal signs. *Did we mention she already scored a 9 out of 10 on her APGAR upon arrival?? ** Just so you know! (gifted I tell you.... gifted!). Anyway, the nurse suggested that we use the bassinette as much as we can at night to get her used to sleeping directly on her back. She suggested heating the basinette up with a heating blanket before putting her in. We gave it a try- and the girl is in heaven right now (as you can see by the photos!).

Anyway, another great day to come I think! Nana and Papa Winter are on their way from Toronto tonight. I am sure their will be many photos generated from that event. We are missing Oma and Opa; Eva can't wait to meet them. January 30th can't come fast enough!

1 comment:

Luc Lalonde said...

Dear Michael & Kelly,
I was recently informed of the WONDERFUL news and at the same time given your blog address... and I needed to send you all of my congratulations!!! What a BEAUTIFUL baby!!! I am so happy for you!! And can't wait to be in Montreal to have the chance to meet that wonderful little creature! Felicitations encore!!

Luc Lalonde