Wednesday, December 27, 2006

more Christmas 2006







So we had a busy Christmas here in Montreal. Mom and Dad Winter were out from Brampton to share in the festivities. I sang a Christmas Eve morning Mass at an Eastern European Parish complete with chant and carols in the morning. It was VERY cool. The family went and celebrated Christmas Eve with Mountainside United church. Michael and I were Mary and Joseph in the Nativity tableau- which provided me with a few snickers throughout the evening.

We went home and opened our presents (which is a first for the Winter family- who are normally Christmas morning people). Everyone was very satisfied with thier 'pull'. Michael and I were very lucky indeed. Mom and Dad Winter gave us a new handy-cam to capture baby moments; along with some tuxedo shirts and a kitchenaid mix-master (whoo hoo) most of which they were able to score with their Visa points (with the exception of the shirts of course). Mom and Dad Meraw know us so well- and they send us a cheese fondue set to complete our annual New Year's celebration tradition! The gift exchange with the Meraw 'kids' (and I use the terms kids VERY loosely!! hee hee...) was successful indeed. Everyone landed themselves with some extremely thoughtful and inspired gifts. Jen Winter is the furthest away, yet managed to grab a spot of honour with her adorable and thoughtful gift ideas this year (not to mention thrilling us with a box from ENGLAND... AIR MAIL... VERY COOL!!) Michael and I were conservative in our gift exchange this year: but that didn't stop the thoughtfulness factor! I gave Michael a Guide to cheep restaurants in Montreal, some clothes, slippers and 'Bon Cop, Bad Cop' (a MUST-SEE when your Canadian). He gave me the most beautiful collection of Annie Liebovitz's photography.

As you can probably see.... no baby yet. I am getting fatter by the second. I swear to you all in this public forum that I WILL NOT REMAIN THIS LARGE for long. Pictures of myself are becoming increasingly difficult to look at! :)

No comments: