Sunday, January 02, 2011

2011

We spent the turnover with The Baker Crew. No one we know appreciates food and fellowship like these folks- so who better to ring in the New Year with? Oh- and they just popped out their second too so they are equally as 'stuck in the house' as we are! So- we were 'stuck in their house' for the night. We even made it an overnighter. Honestly- I can't remember a better New Year's Eve.
Noah eyeing Mom's bubbly...

Babies and Cocktails

The Men



The buddies by the fire.

This boy was a charmer all night. He feel asleep by 9:15pm and hung out in his swing the whole night. Mom and Dad were kid free. In fact- our little New Year's miracle was that ALL FOUR kids were asleep by 9:30pm and ALL the Mom's and Dad's enjoyed a night kid-free.

Noah sported the killer outfit Aunty Lisa bought him for Christmas. It's a nine months size. He's a monster.

Our New Years boy.

Our New Year gal.

"Oh! More hats!"

Me: "Parker- can you put your hat on?"
Parker: "No thanks."
Me: "Just for one picture?"
Parker: "No thanks."

"Just because you gave me the pink one doesn't mean I'm gonna wear it Eva."

The menu for the evening included: cheese fondue, lobster stew, beef wellington, chocolate fondue and veuve cliquot at midnight (yes- that's a course!). We enjoyed wine pairings with every course. The girls had frozen pizza and peas. It's tough being a kid.

Charlotte enjoyed the first bottle of her life and Chip watched his freedom to pass the kid off to the milk mama slip away.

The Morning After. I would post the picture I took of Chip the next morning- but I think it might end our friendship with the Baker's entirely. (I know Chip reads the blog and I can guarantee he is thinking "no seriously- do you actually have that picture Kelly?". I'll keep you in suspense buddy.

No comments: